11 May 2014

Reflections on Mother's Day

Quite a while ago, my mom used to tell me she and Father used to stare at me when I was a baby. That's weird, I thought. Yet today, guess what I do when Sebastian is sleeping or learning something new or reading a book quietly to himself or watching the music leader wave her arms? I stare at him. I hear all the time from other moms about the love they have for their children, but I, like probably all, didn't understand it until I became one. But that's not what struck me this Mother's Day. The love that I feel for my sonthat...that is what my mom feels about me. 


Just look at her! I'm not sure why this had never dawned on me before, but my parents actually loved me. A lot. They did the things they did and said the things they said for a very good reasonthey wanted me to be as happy and successful as possible. I'm sure it was hard for her to accept that I never understood this about her. But she loved me anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment