09 March 2015

My Red House

Last year in Germany, Curtis said that we might be able to buy a house this year. So I promptly got online and started looking for my dream house. After a few weeks of searching, I found it. My perfect dream house. It was a 3-bedroom, 1200-square-foot red house nestled into one of Portland's largest city parks. It had a wood-burning stove, open kitchen, large entryway, darling gables, nature . . . basically, it was perfect. I'd get online every day just to look at it. I remember that fateful day in October when I saw it had been sold. My heart broke a little that day. I still ache for this house. When we moved back to Vancouver in January, we had to drive by it, even though it had already been sold. My heart broke again.



So, we're still on the hunt. We decided that we better make a list of some of our must-haves for our next dream home, since this one is already occupied. 

Here we go:
  • this house (OK, that wasn't possible)
  • 1200-1800 sq. ft.
  • 3 bedrooms
  • 1.5-2 bathrooms
  • open concept
  • L-shaped kitchen
  • kitchen island
  • wood-burning stove
  • additional living/family room
  • separate laundry room
  • garage
  • garden space
  • south-facing
Can we find something that fits the bill? And the budget? Only time will tell. But until then, I'll still dream of my red house.

No comments:

Post a Comment