23 October 2014

Cutting Hair and Cutting Teeth

Livia was born with pretty hair. It wasn't quite the mop that Sebastian was born with, but it was just pretty. Nice and fluffy on top, long in the back. Just pretty. But it soon got out of hand. She probably wasn't even a month old. But I just couldn't stand to cut it. I'd ask Curtis if he thought her hair was too long. "It's kind of pretty, though," he'd always say. And it was! But now that she's almost five months old (!), I decided it was time. So, I cut her hair. And it hurt—me, that is. Livia was an angel, as always.







But what hurts me even more than cutting her pretty hair is when Livia decides to cut things on her own . . . cut teeth, that is. 



She looks so sweet and innocent . . . but then . . . 

October 19, 2014: The day I got teeth.
Eeek eek!


Livia, you are just growing up too fast. You are just the sweetest thing. I say that every day, you know. You sleep like an angel. You are happy almost all the time. You smile at me from across the room! I love love love your gummy smile, but I know you can't stay small forever. And that makes me so excited to get to know you more and see who you are. I love you and I love your cheeks!

(Don't mind my hair. Sebastian was just crawling on my head.)
Oh, and happy birthday, Auntie Austen!!!

2 comments:

  1. Jessie, I absolutely love the new picture of the four of you. The one of you two girls is my all-time fave! (I hope you saved a teeny bit from the haircut?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with the picture too, and I did save some!

    ReplyDelete